Wednesday, April 24, 2013

YOLO

Me, loving on Montpellier.

These past couple of weeks have been very exciting. I snuck in a couple of wonderful weekend trips, and have made some solid plans for the next few months. My internship has been extended through the end of June, so I will be staying in Paris until then. I could not be more excited to spend the next couple of months exploring this amazing city while continuing to work. After that, I will be traveling for a couple of weeks to cities that have long been on my "to-visit" list (!!!), and then celebrating Bastille Day, or as the Frenchies say Le Quatorze, in true Parisian fashion. After reveling in the French Revolution (and maybe taking advantage of the summer sales...), my visa will have expired so I will pack up my things and head back to the US. 



The first thing I will do upon my return? Get a Bloody Mary at my transfer airport. I am sorry France, you make an amazing confit de canard, but your Bloody Mary skills are, quite frankly, an embarrassment. Then? Hug my family and make them stop at DQ on the way home for an oreo blizzard, extra oreos. I can't help but love the gluttony of some of America's finest!!

The support of my family and friends has been incredible, as I am starting to really feel those pangs of homesickness. The amount of distance you feel from your loved ones after not having seen them in several months is crazy. I pride myself on being able to stay in touch with my family and friends no matter the location. And, more importantly, spending enough time with them to truly catch up when we are in the same city. It's been a bit of a reality check this year with 7 hour time differences and incompatible schedules. I am very lucky to have such a solid family and group of friends that are still so present in my life (hopefully you feel that I am in yours too!), even if we haven't had the opportunity to really catch up. If you are one of these people - Thank You! It means more to me than you can imagine.

On that note, this opportunity is one of those that only comes around once in your lifetime, and I can't wait to see where it takes me ... You Only Live Once, after all.

XO L

1 comment:

  1. YAY Montpellier!! Hope you had an awesomely nostalgic visit. You're the best. If I could mail you a bloody mary I would, but that would be a disaster. xoxox Maddie

    ReplyDelete