Saturday, May 11, 2013

Custom Map Murals by Wallpapered



Something I think about frequently is how I am going to design my next apartment (Is this really weird? Does anyone else do this?? Don't answer that.). I've been living in a dorm room since August, and I am having growing pains. I've added a few things here and there to make the space more "me", but knowing that everything has to fit in a suitcase at the end of the day has really impacted my purchasing decisions (actually, it hasn't... so going home will be interesting.). However, this has given me more time to find inspiration and continue developing the aesthetic for my future home.

In my free time I peruse Design MilkApartment Therapy, and a host of other websites for inspiration (yes, Pinterest too). One day, I stumbled upon these Custom Map Murals by Wallpapered.  

And I love them.

If there is a place that means something to you, you can now find a map of it and Wallpapered will make it in - get this - wallpaper form. Didn't see that one coming, did you? You can order it according to your preferences in both size and color. I'm so excited about this. Even if I can't do this just yet given my-life-is-in-limbo status, it will definitely be on my radar once I feel a little more settled. And for those of you who already feel like you've found a spot to stay for a while? Thiiiiiink about it.


I'm already scheming of the perfect wallpaper. Obviously Paris is on my mind at the moment, but I'm also really into playing around with this balance and contrast found in a map of the Twin Cities. Or do I go wild card and pick another place of meaning? Do I tie the map into the rest of my decor? Is it more random? Do I do a world map? Do I make it more interactive? Since I can't do this yet, but am obviously having a map moment, do I start collecting maps? What kind of maps to I start looking for? What kind of maps are out there that I don't know about? Am I going to start stopping at every bouquiniste, brocante, and shop that looks like it might carry maps? (Answer: Yes.) The wheels are turning and the possibilities are endless, people. Use those imaginations and get a little map crazy.

All images found via

No comments:

Post a Comment