Friday, September 7, 2012

Foodie Friday!

So I've been a little quiet this week due to orientation (there was wine), our first day of class (I called a stop sign a hexagon... let me design your building for you!), etc.  So far we just have French class; our studio and other classes will start in a week. I am also in the midst of creating a fascinating post documenting my travels this past weekend to Prague! Ooh ooh ooh it was beauuuuutiful. So stay tuned.

Due to my love of anything themed, I've decided to label Fridays as "Foodie Fridays". Starting out the series will be (drumroll pleaseeee):




PAIN AU CHOCOLAT, or a chocolate croissant to all my 'Mericans. This is the real deal here, folks. This quintessential French pastry is good at anytime of the day, especially fresh from the oven. Chocolate, layers of thin, flaky, buttery pastry....what else do you need? When you get a really good one, it feels like you are biting into a cloud. Because that's what I think clouds taste like. Yep. I don't know how to explain it but there are certain densities, or if you will, pastry to air ratios, that make some better than others. If you were wondering, croissant connoisseur is on my resume.

But might I say that it can be a quite enjoyable mid-afternoon snack, with (or without... but really with) a glass of chilled Riesling.

This weekend involves a trip to... IKEA (stop the presses), and other various errands. Otherwise, not much else too exciting is planned - I hope you have a great weekend!

Happy Friday!

L

2 comments:

  1. You are the best blogger ever and I want to eat that NOW. I wish I was there to be your roommate again - please eat ridiculous amounts of Nutella on my behalf. xoxox.

    ReplyDelete