Monday, February 18, 2013

A Christmas Treat!



We are fast-forwarding from Thanksgiving (and going back in time???) to one of my favorite moments this past year, Printemps and the Galeries Lafayette at Christmas. A friend tipped me off on their fabulous window displays, so on a sunny (a delight in rainy Paris winter times) afternoon I headed over to check them out. One word: magnifique





Printemps and the Galeries Lafayette are two luxury department stores located in the 9th Arrondissement (and yes, we'll get there. I promise!!), just north of the Opera Garnier. Each year, a major brand takes over the display windows lining Boulevard Haussmann for a decadent haute couture show. This year, Dior drew passerby into Printemps with their whimsical and elegant approach, while Louis Vuitton brought on the celebrations with flair for "Noel du Siecle", or the Ball of the Century. The famed dome inside the Galeries has now reached its 100 year mark, which is reason enough to celebrate this season.


I want to be this mannequin when I grow up.






My favorite.

In the pictures above, I love the subtle reflection of the street scene in the windows as a reminder of the surroundings. However, this became my worst enemy when I made it to the GL, as the reflection was much stronger. :( So, here are my not so good photos, and here is a link for a better look.


It's hard to be that upset (diva moment), because Paris is incredibly beautiful. You can reflect on my pictures of windows anytime, Paris.

And now, for the piece de resistance:
 Just a simple tree. In a simple building. 

 The tree is 8 meters tall (about 26 feet), and contains over 600 crystals, compliments of Swarovski.


I love a good tree topper, and this 1.3 meter (roughly 4 feet for my Americans - I got you!) crystal star puts all others to shame. 

Annnnnd just to show you that I had to fight against the fiercest of competitors to get my snaps:
 CHILDREN.

Happy Tuesday!

XO L

1 comment: