Friday, October 5, 2012

Foodie Friday

OKAY so apparently I can only blog about food and on Fridays. Those who know me best know my strong affinity for themes (and outrageous ability to rock them), so that's why I developed FFs buuuut  I know you're just waiting to read about other things. SO hang tight for early next week. Until then, I have a little two-birds-with-one-stone post for you. On Wednesday night, a few friends and I took a cooking class, and it was so fun. It was organized through our program, so we met some other American students as well, which was nice. Now, we by no means learned anything new (we basically peeled and chopped things), but I like a good activity that mixes things up. There were three groups, and each made two dishes. We made Nicoise salad and tarte tatin.

It also solidified the fact that I actually do want to take real cooking classes, and that is what I am asking for next Christmas (cough cough FAMILY cough cough). Okay, without further ado, here are some preeeetty bad pictures documenting the evening. Sorry in advance.





Julie and Julia (that didn't get old) making our mini tarte tatins! I love tarte tatin so much it's going to get its own post, so just pretend this never happened and it's completely new to you when it does happen.



Nicoise salad and baked zucchini. The salad is very French (it does come from Nice after all...), the zooks are not. But they were still delicious!


Pea Soup. Most boring picture ever. Moving on.

I know what you're thinking: this looks disgusting. I agree. I went back for round 2 on the zooks, and picked up a beef wellington as well. Don't let this unappetizing shot deceive you - both were great. Unfortunately, not everything can be glamourous.  


I have no idea what this is. In fact, I was so curious I forgot to take a picture. I just started eating it. Good thing Jesse was eating slowly (eating slower than me is hard, ask... anyone who's ever eaten with me. I'm painfully slow SORRY IT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS.), so I snapped a shot mid-snack. There were pears on the bottom, heavy cream (not creme fraiche?), this chestnut compote (made that up, but it had chestnuts in it and was compote-y... so...), and then crushed Speculoos cookies on top. I obviously have no idea what I'm talking about, but I know what I like, and I liked this.


Me and my little Jessup! I need to stop with that arm pose, I know.

Have a great weekend!

Lauren

PS My friend Ben was there too, but he's got this weird face thing going on right now... Sorry Ben! Maybe you'll make the blog next time! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Love the tarte tatin and the arm pose !!! mom

    P.S. and got the Message on the Christmas Gift!!!

    ReplyDelete