Saturday, September 22, 2012

Foodie... Saturday?

Ok so last night at dinner I realized I hadn't posted for Foodie Friday yet (sacre bleu!), so I was going to cop out and just do a little post about wine. BUT I WOULDN'T DO THAT TO YOU GUYS. You are going to get some great French treat-eye candy (just pretend that makes sense) and pictures of the remnants of my red wine are just not going to do. Obviously, red wine will make an appearance eventually... but it needs to be planned, or curated, if you will. It's not going to happen after I scarf down some lasagna and am then anticipating my Amorino (which you will also see, no worries... I have big plans.). And yes, we were feeling Italian food last night. Okay anywayyyys onto more important things in life:

CHEESE!

Today our studio professor gave us a tour of Vincennes, a town outside the eastern edge of Paris. We ended the day at his home, where his wife had a smorgasbord (YEP I SAID IT) of cheese, bread, grapes, and wine waiting for us. I honestly do not remember all the names of the cheeses - I know there was brie, chevre, comte... and that's about it. They told us all the names, but I was so hungry and had all these delicious cheeses in front of me... my memory was on the backburner. I've never met a cheese I didn't like (and I've met some of the stinky ones...), so each was amaaaazing. 

If you are in France, get a cheese plate for dessert one night. It will not disappoint! And, you might find a new one you never thought you'd like. 


I told everyone to be awkward. Great Success!



YUM.
 Hope you're all having a great weekend - sorry I've been a little MIA this week!

xo L


No comments:

Post a Comment