Sunday, November 11, 2012

Salon du Chocolat.

Chocolate: 1  Lauren: 3942398. This might not seem like a huge deal, but this is the first time I can officially say that chocolate beat me. It's a little upsetting, but the defeat was sooooo worth it. Paris hosted their annual Salon du Chocolat last weekend, and I literally had to pinch myself to remind myself that I wasn't in Heaven. Okay, that's an exaggeration. But if I schedule any trips to Paris in the future around this Salon, don't be surprised.

Pastries. Everywhere.


What is a salon? Well it started out during the Enlightenment as a gathering of people sharing thoughts and ideas on a certain subject. They were very exclusive and very formal. Now they still share information, but in a more informal and engaging way, i.e. a CHOCOLATE FESTIVAL. There are many salons each year in Paris, if you're interested in checking them out, click here.

Me getting educated. Grand Marnier on my cherry crepe? If I have to.

Chocolate Mousse Bar? Why is this the first time I'm seeing this? Genius.

The perfect stocking stuffer.

I am a huge supporter of giving Thanksgiving its month of glory. Since I'm in France and there's no Thanksgiving, I couldn't resist capturing these delectable little Santas. Christmas decorations have started to pop up around the city, and I can't wait for it to be in full swing. I am really looking forward to checking out the Christmas markets on the Champs-Elysees.

It took every ounce of self control to not stick my finger in the fountain, just for a petit taste test. 

The Ferrero Rocher guys making magic (truffles) before our eyes. Crowds were due to the chocolate, but also the extremely good looking men they had making and butlering the truffles.

My little Jesse with a truffle! So happy!!

We stumbled upon the Bailey's booth mid-tasting. If a coffee had appeared at this moment, it would have been perfection.

Just a casual Mayan Temple of Chocolate.

Chocolatiers and others came from all over the world for this festival. This particular booth was from Madagascar. They had chocolate and fruit spreads, but I just loved that this was called SWEETY POTATO. So cute.

Defeat is near. (It happened about 5 minutes later)

Ipad proof!! I told you!!!

The end of a successful afternoon at the Salon! We may look happy and full here, but approximately two minutes later I asked to be rolled back home. (Didn't happen)

A few little updates:

1. I have never been more thankful for modern technology than I was last weekend. One of my closest friends from high school got married, and we were able to "Google Hangout" right after she put on her dress. I think this was the toughest pill the swallow when I came to Paris, knowing that I was going to miss this wedding, but I am just so thankful that we were able to see each other on her day. Congratulations Tara and Tim! I love you both so much.

2. We had our first studio reviews this past Thursday/Friday, so it's why I've been extra quiet the past couple of weeks. I can't believe I only have 2 more reviews of my school career left. It's crazy, but I can say with full confidence that I am ready for the next step to continue developing as a designer while having more time for the other things in my life! I think any architecture student can relate to this feeling.

3. Huge CONGRATS to the KU Masters of Architecture program. DesignIntelligence just released their yearly rankings, and KU was named 14 out of 99. You can read more about this here. Rock Chalk!

1 comment:

  1. I hate you. Stop showing me pictures of all this delicious chocolate because I want it SO MUCH. All I have here is Hershey. :(

    LOVE YOU :)

    ReplyDelete